Refund & Cancellation Policy
AIM: to provide a fair and transparent framework for providing refunds to students in the event of cancellation of a course either by the student or by the International Headquarters.
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY
As of September 1, 2019
Instructors make every effort to promote their courses in order to achieve a minimal number of student registrations for each course. However, on occasion there will be times when minimum registrations are not met and the instructor may need to cancel or postpone a class. In those instances the instructor must advise of the cancellation of the course two (2) weeks prior to the course start date
and refund all deposits.
It is further noted that in addition to this, the Emmett Technique recognizes that students may also be required to cancel a class they have registered for after they have already paid a deposit or the full course price:
- If the occasion arises where a student elects to cancel a course and
notifies the instructor more than 21 days prior to the course, then the
student's course fee minus a $50 admin fee will be refunded.
- If the student cancels within 20 - 2 days (i.e. 48 hours) of the course, 50%
of the course fee minus a $50 admin fee will be refunded.
- Course fees are forfeited for cancellations within 48 hours of the course
- In order to reduce out of pocket expenses, it is recommended that students purchase changeable, or refundable airline tickets and arrange their own travel insurance that will cover their travel and accommodation should a course be cancelled.
- If the course is cancelled due to an insufficient number of registered students, then those students registered have the choice of having their course fee returned or applying their course fee towards the next course the student takes with the instructor.