HORSE COURSE INFORMATION
EMMETT Therapy is committed to sharing the EMMETT Technique for animals.
Learn how to notice the sometimes-subtle signs of pain or discomfort that many experienced owners, riders and handlers can fail to identify.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING COURSES?
- Existing complementary therapists, veterinary and chiropractic professionals interested in extending their skills.
- Horse and dog owners/trainers/handlers and non-therapists wanting to assist their own animals to assist in relieving pain and discomfort and to perform preventative maintenance care.
Q: Are there any prerequisites to Level 1?
A: There are no prerequisite courses that you need to take before Level 1. The course is taught in such a way that it is easy to understand by people from all walks of life.
Q: What will I learn in Level 1?
A: Level 1 is an introductory module which teaches 8 corrections for the horse and 2 corrections for people.
It teaches you how to release major areas in the horse and contains the following:
- Spinal Balance (for the whole horse)
- Withers (for pain and inflammation caused by poorly fitting rugs, saddles, etc)
- Neck (to assist with lateral flexion)
- Shoulder (to assist with longer stride length and alleviate 'whole-horse' restrictions)
- Hamstrings (increases stride length and assists with tightness caused by float rides)
- Rib/Hip (to assist with lateral restriction and soreness in loins/flank area)
- Inguinal (to assist with tension in the barrel area, extension restrictions with hind legs)
- Rib/QL (correction to lumber area and lower back discomfort)
- The two moves for people ... are the forearm and neck corrections. Great for those hard working equestrians who are always lifting and carrying for their horse! These two moves can be used to treat your family and friends.
Q: Then what can I do?
A: There are 5 Levels in the EMMETT4Horses course and each level teaches 8 corrections and 2 human corrections.
Each module is approx. 8-10 weeks apart.
Q: Does it work with other therapies?
A: Yes! The Emmett Technique whilst being a successful and effective standalone therapy, can be successfully integrated with many different other therapies.
"Being an Equine Cranio Sacral Therapist, I have found that EMMETT Technique has really just offered an enhancement to this and in fact has proven to be actually more suitable for me when working with horses. Cranio Sacral Therapy involves a lot of holding and waiting for the release and not all horses are happy to stand in the same place for a great length of time. I will still continue to use the Cranio Sacral Therapy in my practice but will definitely be combining with EMMETT to achieve maximum results."
What are previous attendees saying about the course?
"What impressed me more than anything about the Emmett Technique is how quickly it can cause a release in the body ... I am talking between 4 - 20 seconds you can expect to see a release within the horse."
"Fantastic course well delivered and easy to follow, cannot wait to get out and practice on horses to help them ... Thank you for a great course."
"Well presented and easily explained - the instructor was helpful and encouraged questions."
"Very good course and high quality of information, discussion and practical work. I am very interested in continuing to learning more."
Find Training Courses