DOG COURSE INFORMATION
EMMETT Therapy is committed to sharing the EMMETT Technique for animals.
Learn how to notice the sometimes-subtle signs of pain or discomfort that many experienced owners, riders and handlers can fail to identify.
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING COURSES?
- Existing complementary therapists, veterinary and chiropractic professionals interested in extending their skills.
- Horse and dog owners/trainers/handlers and non-therapists wanting to assist their own animals to assist in relieving pain and discomfort and to perform preventative maintenance care.
Find Training Courses
Q:Are there any prerequisites to Level 1?
A: There are no prerequisite courses that you need to take before Level 1. The course is taught in such a way that it is easy to understand by people from all walks of life.
Q: What will I learn in Level 1?
A: Level 1 is an introductory module which teaches 8 corrections for the horse and 2 corrections for people.
It teaches you how to release major areas in the horse and contains the following:
- Spinal Balance (for the whole dog)
- Withers (for pain and inflammation)
- Neck (to assist with lateral flexion)
- Shoulder (to assist with longer stride length and alleviate 'whole-dog' restrictions)
- Hamstrings (increases stride length and assists with tightness)
- Rib/Hip (to assist with lateral restriction and soreness in loins/flank area)
- Inguinal (to assist with tension in the barrel area, extension restrictions with hind legs)
- Rib/QL (correction to lumber area and lower back discomfort)
- The two moves for people ... are the forearm and neck corrections. These two moves can be used to treat your family and friends.
Q: Then what can I do?
A: There are 5 Levels in the EMMETT4Dogs course and each level teaches 8 corrections and 2 human corrections.
Each module is approx. 8-10 weeks apart.
Q: Does it work with other therapies?
A: Yes! The Emmett Technique whilst being a successful and effective standalone therapy, can be successfully integrated with many different other therapies.
What are previous attendees saying about the course?
"Well presented and easily explained - the instructor was helpful and encouraged questions."
"Very good course and high quality of information, discussion and practical work. I am very interested in continuing to learning more."
Practitioner Course Structure
The course is divided into two-day learning blocks, called Levels, with 5 Levels in total.
Material covered in the previous level is reviewed before new work is covered.
- Level 1 - Course - is a 2 day, 16 hr course, at a cost of $500.00 US
- Level 2 - Course - is a 2 day, 16 hr course, at a cost of $500.00 US
- Level 3 - Course - is a 2 day, 16 hr course, at a cost of $500.00 US
- Level 4 - Course - is a 2 day, 16 hr course, at a cost of $500.00 US
- Level 5 - Course - is a 2 day, 16 hr course, at a cost of $500.00 US
- Level 5 - Course REVIEW - is a 1-day course to review and receive Practitioner accreditation.